Root Candle Care and Safety
Burning tips and guidelines to ensure a safe and enjoyable Root Candle experience.
• Remove all packaging and discard prior to lighting. • Always burn a candle within sight, never leave a
burning candle unattended.
• Before lighting trim your wick to 1⁄4”.
• Always burn candles on a protected non-
combustible surface and in an appropriate holder.
• Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings or foreign
matter which may present a fire hazard.
• Always keep candles away from things that catch fire. • Keep away from children and pets.
• Keep your candle in a draft-free area.
• To extinguish your Root Candle, carefully dip the wick
into the liquid with a non-combustible item, once the flame is out, re-center the wick. It is not recommended to blow out a candle as wax may splatter.
• Never extinguish candles with water. Water can cause hot wax to splatter and may cause glass containers to break.
• Never use candles as a night light. Use extreme caution during power outages.
• Never touch or move a burning candle or container candle when wax is liquid.
• When creating decorative arrangements, candles should be set out at a distance of at least 4 inches apart to prevent burn problems.
• Always burn any jar until the wax pool reaches the edge of the container, this will minimize the amount of wax left on the side of the jar.
• Root poured candles are a combination of
an all-natural blend of beeswax, soy wax and other sustainable waxes with exquisite fragrances enhanced by pure essential oils.
• Handle candles with care as containers may become hot. If the glass is cracked, chipped or scratched do not use.
• Always remove all packaging prior to lighting.
• Votives are made to liquefy. They should always be
burned in an appropriate holder and never burned free standing.
• For best results burn the candle on initial lighting for a minimum of 6 hours, then 3-4 hours at a time thereafter.
• The simple elegance of Root Dinner Candles distinguishes any table setting, illuminates the occasion, and sets a delightful mood. Whether it’s a romantic dinner for two or a large formal dinner party, Root Dinner Candles will grace your table setting with unique character.
• Avoid drafty areas, as this will result in dripping.
• You will notice the wick curves slightly, this ensures the
candle will burn properly. When relighting a partially burned candle, never straighten the wick.
Caution: Failure to follow instructions could result in injury or property damage. *Minnesota Home & Pantry, LLC is not responsible for injury or property damage.